Blast Gates That Don’t Suck (Including Plans)
Commercially available blast gates suck. They leak air, they’re a poor fit if you use PVC for your ducting, they jam up because of the design, and they fall apart because they’re held together with hot glue.
The blast gates I made solve all these problems.
You can also find the project template up on Inventables website, if you use Easel and want to hit ‘carve’.
- 100mm PVC pipe https://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-100mm-x-1m-pvc-dwv-pipe_p4770090
- 100mm PVC coupler https://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-industries-100mm-dwv-pvc-straight-coupling_p4750199
- YW-1019 https://www.timbecon.com.au/extraction-safety/dust-extractor-fittings/hose-reducers-connectors
Additionally you’ll need
- Some plywood – 12mm & 6mm
- Some construction adhesive
- Some wood glue